2016 RI Annual Adult Education Conference
Monday, September 26th, 2016 at NEIT’s East Greenwich campus.
$35.00 Registration / $45 day of conference. Free for presenters and Students!
Click HERE to view Conference Schedule (Please note updates to the schedule!)
Click HERE to register! (Registration ends September 20th for the $35 fee. Otherwise, it is $45 at the door)
The PBTLA instructional strategies include:
- Developing, implementing, reviewing and revising learning tasks collaboratively including authentic opportunities
- Personalizing instruction (adjusting instructional practices to meet the needs of each student)
- Engaging students as active and self-directed learners
- Integrating technology (blended learning)
- Adapting Understanding by Design
- Increasing rigor using Depth of Knowledge (DOK)
- Delivering targeted and timely feedback
- Integrating evidence-based learning
- Performing ongoing assessment and apply assessment data to inform and modify instructional practice
The PBTLA Practicum involves four face-to-face sessions and expects independent work between each session. The Practicum will involve about 20 hours total.
The PBTLA Practicum schedule is:
- Friday, October 7, 2016
- Friday, October 14, 2016
- Friday, November 18, 2016
- Friday, December 9, 2016
All sessions are held at the RI AE Professional Development Center, 144 Bignall Street, Warwick RI 02888. All sessions are from 9 am to 12 pm.
If you cannot attend all of the four sessions but still want to participate, contact Donna Chambers at 401-677-6401.