Join us Tuesday, March 13th for the Annual RI Adult Education Conference, being held at Community College of Rhode Island’s Knight Campus.
Have a project, initiative, activity or program redesign that you think would be of interest to colleagues in the field?
Proposals are due Monday, November 27, 2017. We welcome your participation.
As part of the Educate & Elevate Campaign, COABE and NAEPDC are proud to support the National Adult Education and Family Literacy Week (AEFL Week) which is taking place September 24-30, 2017! AEFL Week is an opportunity to come together as a field to celebrate adult education and raise our visibility with legislators, funders, and the community at large. There are a number of tools from the Educate & Elevate Campaign that have been developed to assist you and your state in your outreach efforts. Learn more about AEFL week here.
• Join the dedicated social media channels on Twitter and Facebook and campaign hashtags #educate&elevate and #AEFLWeek to support National Adult Education & Family Literacy Week in September 2017.
• Share inspiring data sheets and fact sheets as well as riveting adult learner and employer success stories.
• Get on the COABE App, generously sponsored by Aztec Software, and share about what you are doing to promote Educate & Elevate and the Adult Education and Family Literacy Week.
This week, thanks to a generous partnership with Aztec Software, COABE will hold its fourth Capitol Hill Day which will take place during Adult Education and Family Literacy Week on September 26, 2017.
Reading Strategies Session 2: Educators of low level literacy students (ABE levels 3-4, ESL levels 5-6, with CASAS scores 211-235) will review appropriate level reading strategies. A pre-assessment of participant-instructor needs will determine the focus of this session. (2 hours) Presenter: Barbara Bowen Tuesday, October 3rd 10am-12pm Register Here
- Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) Workforce Development Meeting
- Leadership Institute
- CALIS Users Group
- Google Domain User Group
- GWB Adult Education and Literacy Committee Meeting