We are hiring a Workforce Professional Development Specialist with the RI Adult Education Professional Development Center (the PDC)
This full time position runs through June 30, 2017, with the possibility of extension pending.
Purpose of Position: To work as a team member to develop, coordinate, and facilitate quality professional development opportunities to meet the needs and strengths of adult education practitioners in Rhode Island as they transition to the new terms and conditions of a pending RFP and programmatic changes. This position will also focus on workforce and career pathways development within both the field of adult education and in the wider workforce system.
We seek a motivated individual to help reimagine and expand the system of AE professional development in Rhode Island.
The PD Specialist is expected to:
- Work collaboratively as a team member to achieve objectives and deliverables outlined in the Professional Development Center’s annual Center work plan;
- Participate in an ongoing work plan development process including conducting formal and informal PD needs assessments of the field;
- Keep current in relevant area(s) of expertise and help ensure that PD Center trainings, workshops and related activities all reflect current research and best practice in the fields of adult learning and professional development;
- In consultation with PDC staff, respond to individual requests from the field regarding area(s) of expertise;
- Support the tracking and organizing of resources and documentation of PD activities using web based tools such as Google Apps, WordPress and social media;
- Help represent the PDC statewide, regionally and nationally at conferences, professional organizations, task forces and the like;
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings;
- Develop an annual Individual Professional Development Plan and annually review progress toward goals with supervisor;
- Document all PD activities for which he/she is the lead and contribute to quarterly and annual reports as appropriate;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and online communication skills;
- Experience advising adults in postsecondary or community organizations;
- Facilitation skills – ability to facilitate meetings, interact with a range of groups for a variety of purposes
- Skilled at working in diverse and inclusive situations
- Education: At least a bachelor’s degree; master’s preferred.
- Knowledge of K12, adult, and higher education systems and community resources preferred.
- A commitment to social justice and advocacy for the field
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, capacity to multi task, and a high energy level.
- Ability to work with collaborative and social media tools: WordPress experience a plus
Closing Date: Until position is filled
Submit letter of intent and resume to:
Jill Holloway firstname.lastname@example.org
c/o West Bay Collaborative
144 Bignall St,
Warwick, RI 02888
*West Bay Collaborative / Adult Education PD Center does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with all regulations promulgated by the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission under Title I of the ADA.