Date(s) - 04/12/2018
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Please watch for future announcements, and share this Posting to anyone who may be interested:
Statewide Adult Education Learning Differences Specialist
This contractor will serve as single point of contact for LD and coordinate statewide LD Technical Assistance to build capacity of RIDE-funded adult education programs through the provision of the following;
- LD Training Coordination Statewide for local adult education programs
- Providing Resources for the Field and in Response to Program Requests
- Supporting Communication and Sharing of Resources Between Programs/Outreach
- Acting as an Ambassador for Adult Education by communicating with other public agencies supporting adults with disabilities
- Research, identify, coordinate and facilitate 4 or more annual LD Designee training sessions
- Schedule and facilitate monthly state Adult Education LD Advisory Council meetings
- Provide related LD support to all adult education agencies
- Assist local programs with using universal screening processes that meets mandatory standards for consistency statewide
- Assist RIDE with development of LD materials for new program director orientation sessions
- Coordinate statewide LD resources to assist programs and link programs to resources
- Submit a quarterly Technical Assistance log (including dates, hours and assistance provided
- Prepare documentation of training materials
- Send out periodic emails to field and provide continued LD updates
- Update the RIDE and other applicable websites with LD resources as they become available
- Other duties related to LD supports for local programs
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Special education and ESOL coursework or experience preferred
- Knowledge of basic computer program applications including Microsoft Word, Excel
- Skilled in the ability to facilitate meetings, interact with various groups, and deliver technical training to large and small groups.
- Education: At least a Bachelor’s degree . Master’s preferred
- Experience: 5+ years as a teacher in adult education Such as may have been gained through employment in adult education; or a responsible position, which involved dealing with the public, customers or clients. Or, any combination of education and experience that shall be substantially equivalent to the above education and experience.
- Must have own transportation and be available occasionally on evenings weekends
Preference will be given to those candidates who demonstrate a high level of expertise on the basis of:
- In-depth knowledge of and experience working with the educational, psychological, social, physical and financial aspects of a wide variety of learning disabilities/differences in adolescents and adults.
- Ability to problem-solve and serve as an advocate for adults with disabilities.
- Thorough knowledge of issues and appropriate accommodations related to various disabilities.
- Experience in the use of computer technology as a tool, to access student information, and to accommodate disabilities
- Experience in community college personal, academic, career and group counseling of students.
- Experience in completing educational plans for students
- Experience in teaching learning strategies to students with disabilities and demonstrated knowledge of reading interventions
- Experience providing outreach presentations in classrooms and/or public groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Hours and compensation:
15 -20 hours per week (will be based on contract start date)
The Statewide LD Specialist will report to the Adult Education LD Advisory Committee and RIDE reserves the right to approve all work plans, schedules, activities and expenditures. One local adult education program will serve as a lead agency for this contractor position. All invoicing and reimbursement procedures will be facilitated by this lead agency.
**This is a grant funded position supported with federal funds for the contract period start date through June 30, 2018. Funding for continuation of the position beyond the award period is not guaranteed.
Please send resume and cover letter to Kim Chouinard at email@example.com By 4/19/18.